This week, we have frames on our mind. An essential for creating your best embroidery, the humble frame is often overlooked. We now have a range of 11 frame options for you to chose from so here is a little guide from us so you can make the best choice for you:
- 10” Table Clamp Frame: As you will have seen in our classes, these frames allow you to work with both hands simultaneously which is essential for some techniques such as tambour. The Table clamp frames attached to your table, so you will need to have a table with a square edge of less than 3.5cm for the clamp to be able to attach properly. You can adjust the tilt of the hoop as well as the height with the adjusters.
- 10” Seat Frame: Similar arrangement to the Table Clamp Frame, but a good option if you don’t have a table to hand as you sit on the base to stabilise it instead. You can adjust the tilt of the hoop as well as the height with the adjusters.
- 8” Hoop & Stalk (NEW) : The 10” comes as standard as described above but we now offer a smaller sized hoop of 8” which can be interchanged with your base (seat or clamp) for the best combination for your project and comfort. Choosing the smallest frame for the job at hand will give you the best tension
- 6” Hoop and Stalk (NEW): Smaller still, the 6” hoop which can be interchanged with your base (seat or clamp) for the best combination for your project and comfort. Choosing the smallest frame for the job at hand will give you the best tension
- 10” Embroidery Frame (NEW)/ 7” Embroidery Frame (NEW)/ 4” Embroidery Frame (NEW): Available in three sizes, these classic embroidery frames are great for beginners, travelling and freehand machine embroidery because of their shallow edge. The bolt at the top allows for adjusting your tension for different fabrics.
- 8” Embroidery Frame/ 5” Embroidery Frame/ 3” Embroidery Frame :Fitted with a little hanging loop at the top, these wood effect frames are perfect for tensioning your work for display.
- Embroidery Frames Trio Pack: If you like one of our display frames, you will like three even more!
- Slate Frame: (by Enquiry only) Slate frames have stood the test of time for embroiderers throughout history, and continue to be a wonderful tool for any stitcher. Ideal for larger projects and fantastic for tambour, goldwork, monogramming silk shading to name a few. The frames are made out of beech wood, a strong and sturdy wood ensuring the tension is perfect without putting a strain on the frame. Each frame comes with webbing and pins.
For more info check out the other pro tips blogs on frames for how to wrap your frame and how to best use the embroidery frames for display purposes, complete with a video guides .